The more that I watched and listened to her music the more I realized how important her humor was to her sound. One thing that it does is keep the mood of her music upbeat and light. She has a very childlike quality about her and her music and I think the humor is a big part of that. Even more importantly though, the humor really helps counteract the sincerity in her songs and make them that much more genuine. I feel like listening to songs these days is like putting every singer through a lie detector. You never know which of the artists actually wrote their music, actually went through the things their singing about, or are a 16 yr old boy who has no idea what love is, yet sings about it in every song. (No offense Biebs. I love you, but come on) With Danielle I think the honesty is oozing out of her notes, lyrics, and voice.She also does some cool covers:
Danielle does tour some. She was just at the Hotel Cafe her in Los Angeles and I know she lives in Denver, so I'm sure you can catch a show of hers if you are interested. If nothing else it will be fun and keep you in a great mood! To finish it off here's probably my favorite song by her:
Here are some links for her:
danielleatethesandwich.net/
Danielle Ate the Sandwich Myspace
-Kev
i like her! she has such a smooth mellow voice. I think she would be good for naptimes:)
ReplyDelete